Nurse Practitioner Locum Solutions (NPLS) is a new innovative service able to deliver health care by senior, experienced and dedicated nurse practitioners. We have an extensive background in emergency and acute care, clinical leadership, research and academia. Our team have worked in all facets of emergency and generalist nursing streams and facilitate leadership among the health care team by role modelling clinical excellence and empowering staff to work at the best of their abilities.
We aim to deliver care where it is most needed and adapt services to suit the community requirements in rural and regional health services, whilst also passionately promoting the underutilised potential of the nurse practitioner role.
Our philosophy is to provide high quality, patient focused care by Nurse Practitioners to improve health outcomes for the patient, their family and the community.
We have a proven record of efficient and effective delivery of on call services to our existing clients.
Seymour Health and local GPs have collaborated to introduce a new and innovative model of care for weekends involving highly-skilled nurse practitioners. This service,...
Dr. Natasha Jennings NP, PhD
NPLS provides experienced, endorsed nurse practitioners to deliver acute services to health care settings throughout both the urban or regional space. A combination of roles can be offered including filling gaps in your medical workforce, on-call or onsite roles, and leadership opportunities. Through this initiative, NPLS strives to provide a quality service with nurse practitioners knowledgeable of holistic management of emergency and urgent care patient presentations
Benefits to this approach include:
- Reduced wait times for patients
- Reduced incidence of patients who did not wait to be seen
- Improving support to regular organisation staff
- Reduced episodes of deterioration in both inpatient, and aged care residents
- Improved delivery of appropriate and timely services to clients
- Increased appropriate and timely referrals
- Reduced number of patient transfers
- Mentorship to nursing staff and support for nurse practitioner and RIPERN candidates